Now available: The Prosperous Translator

Now in print for over three years (where has the time gone!):

The Prosperous Translator — Advice from Fire Ant & Worker Bee, compiled and edited by Chris Durban. Also available as an ebook.

You can buy the book now on lulu.com — our preference — or through other online distributors.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Now available: The Prosperous Translator

1. Tess says:

Congratulations! Will look for it at the Conference. Perhaps get a signed copy?

2. Mar says:

Hello,
    Are you thinking of publishing it as a downloadable e-book?
    Thank you.
    Best,
    Mar

3. DurbanDisciple says:

A six-figure (USD) income has, for a long time, been the holy grail for translators. Just follow Chris’s advice and it won’t seem so unattainable.

Thanks, Chris, for your advice over the past 15 years.

4. Sarah Dillon says:

This book is awesome. Thank you for compiling the shared wisdom of FA & WB and opening it up to a wider audience.

5. Many thanks, Sarah. (And please do keep in mind, readers, that the online column is ongoing — check out http://www.translationjournal.net for the latest Q&A!)

6. Mohamed says:

Hi Chris,

Any plans to have it in ebook version? I would like to read it on my iPad. This is good for me and for the environment.

• You’re right eco-wise, Mohamed, and I’m thinking about it. But I admit I view the book as something one might want to dip into off and on — a different experience altogether. (But I’m thinking about it :))

• Ana says:

Hi Mohamed,
        If you think of the environment, the normal book is much better (think of what was needed to produce your iPad, what will happen to it once you throw it, and all the energy that needs to be produced for you to use read on it).

• Mohamed, I’ve just published an EPUB version (thanks for pushing me in that direction!)

7. Seycen says:

I’m just starting out as a translator and soaking up all the information I can get my hands on. I’m about half-way through the book and I can’t recommend it highly enough. It has answers to all the questions I never dared ask and answers to questions I never thought to ask. What a great piece of work. Thank you!

8. Pingback: Marketing 101 « The Translation Practice

9. Jessica says:

All the reviews sound incredibly appealing. I think I might have to check your book out, Chris ;)